Some of us went to the Zone Cricket tournament. We had to follow all the rules carefully.  We won 2 games and lost 1. We gave 3 cheers to the other teams and high-fived them. We versed Dominion Road, Three Kings and Halsey Drive schools. Afterwards we had pizza and played on the playground. We also had ice blocks when we got back to school.

The next zone tournament is football in 3 weeks. There will be a boys and a girls team. There will be trials next week.

This week we also learned about rounding and expanding numbers. Working with big numbers in the hundred thousands was kind of hard. We had to do lots of examples. We also learned that without zero you can’t make numbers like 100, 1000, 10 000, 100 000 or 1 000 000.

Have a great weekend.

Please leave a comment and check out blogs from people in Williams Class.

Goodbye : )

2 thoughts on “Williams Class Weekly 10th March 2023

1. Kia ora Williams Class. I love cricket! I remember when I taught at Wesley we used to play against Dominion Road too. Good luck with the football trials and tournament! Your ideas about zero remind me of another blog post I read recently. Did you know they never designated a year 0? There’s a year 1BC and a 1AD but no zero! I’ll check out some of your individual blogs. Every week we have an Ako Hiko Blogger of the Week so if Mr Kelly notices some stand out bloggers I’m sure he’ll let me know!

2. Howdy Williams Class! That is cool to hear about your cricket tournament! We can make a connection with you there, as we had two special cricket sessions with Horowhenua Kapiti Cricket coaches. We might get to do a tournament for this next term. It sounds like you have great sportsmanship! We love that. We can’t wait to hear all about your football tournament in 3 weeks. We have lots of sports coming up in Term 2 also.

Working with expanding and rounding numbers sounds really fun. Zero is definitely a super important number! Today we worked on using our different addition and subtraction strategies on word problems. Those are some big numbers you learned there!

We hope you have an amazing week. Do you have anything exciting planned for the last week? We do! We will blog about it.